Colombian Hot Dogs
To be honest, I wasn’t planning on uploading this recipe to the blog, but when I uploaded this picture to Facebook and Twitter, I have received tons of requests on uploading this recipe. I wrongly assumed that most people eat hot dogs the same way we do in Colombia. But a few days ago, I was proven wrong.
Our hot dogs include the meat and bun, but our ingredients are unlimited: we use bacon, cheese, chips, pineapple sauce, mustard, ketchup, pink sauce… EVERYTHING!!!
If you have not visited my country, we even have some locations that have hot dog bars with ingredients that will work for this.
If you want to prepare this at home, click here to obtain the recipes of these delicious sauces:
- Cilantro Sauce
- Pineapple Sauce
- Pink Sauce
- Beef sausages
- Hot dog buns
- Grated cheese (I used Swiss cheese)
- Crushed potato chips
- 1 can pineapple sauce/pureé
- In a pot, heat pineapple sauce and add sugar to taste, stir constantly until the sauce gets the consistency of syrup. Let cool.
- Cook sausages in boiling water or a grill, whichever you prefer.
- Toast the bun.
- Set sausage in the bun and add all the toppings, starting from the sauces.
- Eat immediately.