This post is also available in: Español
Para la versión en español, haz click aquí.
Another fun way to enjoy all of the nutrients of cheese. One can serve this in a lunchbox for kids, nibble with a cup of coffee, or have as a snack at any hour of the day.
The recipe could not be simpler and the result is truly delicious.
These sticks can be stored in jars or any closed container to preserve crunchiness.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of grated queso fresco
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lb butter
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF
- On a floured surface, mix the cheeses, butter, and flour. Knead all of the ingredients well.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin leaving about ¼ inch thick
- Cut strips about ¾ inch wide.
- Twist two strips together like a braid.
- Put all of the “braids” on a greased pan and bake in oven until brown.
Disclosure: I wrote this post while working with California Milk Advisory Board. All opinions are my own. #CALatinaDairyDivas